A Life of Worship(Being Part of the Body of Christ)
WHO we worship: Triune God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit)
WHO worships: all people/everyone
HOW we are to worship: enthusiastically!
WHY we worship: God loves us/His faithfulness endures forever
EXPLORING - I attend worship when a friend invites me, it is convenient, or I feel a need.
1. Are there aspects of worship that I want to do more?
2. What is holding me back from more regular Sunday morning worship attendance?
3. Am I willing to start attending 1 or more Sundays/month?
FOLLOWING - I attend worship regularly, but I am growing to realize that I need to attend to God every day.
1. When worship is over, do I feel hungry for more, but aren’t sure what else to do?
2. Have I found that Sunday worship isn’t enough and I feel like a daily routine of worship is something I desire?
BECOMING - I attend worship regularly and set aside time to connect with God daily.
1. Do I desire to be at more peace during the day, during the week?
2. Am I enjoying the times I set apart for God, but wonder why I don’t feel God’s presence more at other times?
CENTERED - I worship God in the ways I work, play, and engage others in relationships: all of life.
A Life of Community(Being Part of the Body of Christ)
Mandate for community: “Just as I have loved you, you
also should love one another.” John 13:34
Vision for community: “All who believed were together and had all things in common…”
EXPLORING - I am curiously drawn to the Christians who graciously accept me as if I belong with them already.
1. Am I eager to say yes to a friend who invites me to church or small group or a church event?
2. Do I have a sense of belonging when I come to worship, even though I don’t know many people I’m with? Do I feel at home here?
FOLLOWING - I feel called to receive community, but also to offer God’s gracious acceptance to others beyond the church.
1. I’m beginning to like these people and this church, I wonder how and where I can help?
2. I like to receive, but I wonder what it would be like to tell someone else about this community?
BECOMING - I seek to relate to others both in the church and beyond in ways that reflect God’s hospitality to me.
1. What is there about this community that I can help to grow and make better than it is now? Who else is interested in building community?
2. What is my next step here as I focus outwardly?
CENTERED - I intentionally seek to build relationships with unchurched people in order to share God’s love.
A Life of Openness(Becoming More Like Christ)
Mandate for Openness: “…yet not what I want, but what you want.”
Vision for Openness: “Search me, O God, and know my heart…”
EXPLORING - I am drawn to the story of God’s love and am beginning to explore the Scriptures.
1. Do I feel the new desire to buy a bible, read it, hear sermons, and get to know more about this Jesus for the first time?
2. Am I amazed that what I’ve read before now seems to have new meaning or make sense when it didn’t before?
FOLLOWING - I am developing a daily practice of prayer, Scripture and devotional reading.
1. Do I look forward to my prayer time and bible reading each day?
2. Do I kind of feel like I want a couple more devotionals to read?
BECOMING - I am taking responsibility for my own growth through the daily practice of spiritual disciplines.
1. Am I excited to try some new disciplines in my life?
2. Do I feel like I’m steering this spiritual growth and want more?
CENTERED - I seek to be open to God’s voice and blessings in all aspects of my life.
A Life of Obeying(Becoming More Like Christ)
Mandate for Obeying: “If you love me, you will keep my
Vision for Obeying: “My Father…not what I want, but what you want.”
EXPLORING - I am beginning to understand more about Jesus’ teaching through sermons, Bible study classes, and my own reading of scripture.
1. Am I beginning to want to read the bible to find out what it requires?
2. When I learn about Jesus’ commands, am I convicted that I need to be doing those things?
FOLLOWING - I’ve accepted the call to be a disciple of Jesus and am committed to being part of the church, becoming like Jesus, and serving others.
1. Am I getting involved in serving in the church, knowing that Jesus has something in mind for me and us?
2. Am I willing to change some things about my life in order to respond to the call of Jesus?
BECOMING - I am daily seeking to apply the teachings of Scripture to my own life.
1. Am I more and more convicted that there are things in my life that need to change to obey Jesus?
2. Do I spend time praying and thinking about what Jesus wants me to do and then try to do it?
CENTERED - I am partnering with God to help others grow in openness and obedience to Christ.
A Life of Serving(Joining Jesus in Ministry)
Mandate for Serving: “…whoever wishes to become great
among you must be your servant…”
Vision for Serving: “Then [Jesus] poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples’ feet…”
EXPLORING - I am often amazed at the way some disciples selflessly serve others and I want to make a difference as well.
1. Do I feel like lots of other people are serving in ways that I’d like be serving but don’t know how?
2. Am I inspired by others who know their gifts and are energized to use them?
FOLLOWING - I know Christ invites me to join him serving others and I’m wondering how I can do this.
1. How do I go about serving like I see some others doing so seemingly effortlessly?
2. What do I do well, feel gifted to do, and how does that match the church?
BECOMING - I experiment serving in different areas as I discover my gifts, talents, and passions.
1. Am I prepared to step into a ministry to use the gifts God has given me?
2. Where does my passion lie and is there a ministry in which to serve, or start one?
CENTERED - I join Jesus in mission to others using my Godgiven gifts, talents, and passions.
A Life of Sharing(Joining Jesus in Ministry)
Mandate for Serving: “…store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes…”
2 Corinthians 9:6
Vision for Serving: “…the one who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully…”
EXPLORING - I share some when I attend worship or a church event.
1. When the offering plate slides by, what am I supposed to be giving?
2. How much time do I have to share with someone before, during, and after worship on Sunday?
FOLLOWING - I am sharing more and more regularly and generously.
1. I wonder how I can give online to be more regular even when I can’t be in worship?
2. If I could move a few things around in my schedule, is there somewhere I could serve on Sunday or during the week?
BECOMING - I am tithing my income and giving some time, reconsidering how I spend the other 90%.
1. Now that we’re tithing, what others needs are out there?
2. If I have some spare time, how can I use that at church or in the community? What knowledge can I share with someone?
CENTERED - I am tithing and consciously reordering my life to free up more time and resources to honor God and bless others.